VANGUARD

VANGUARD WAS A IRON BARQUE OF 680 TONS BUILT IN 1852 BY J REID OF GLASGOW.SHE WAS OWNED BY B C NICHOLSON. LATER HER OWNERS WERE J BOUMPHREY. SHE WAS SOLD IN 1890 AND RE REGISTERED IN GERMANY AND WAS RE-NAMED CARL.

SHE WAS CHARTERED FROM NICHOLSON & CO OF LIVERPOOL AND DID A VOYAGE FROM LIVERPOOL TO MELBOURNE IN JULY 1863 FOR THE WHITE STAR LINE, CAPTAIN CONNEL BEING IN COMMAND

 

 

return.gif (2309 bytes)