HANNIBAL / ADOLF TIDEMAND

HANNIBAL / ADOLF TIDEMAND WAS A THREE MASTED VESSEL OF 1,198 TONS SHE HAD BEEN  BUILT BY SMITH & RODGER AT GOVAN IN 1862 AND WAS REGISTERED IN LIVERPOOL.IN ABOUT 1890 SHE WAS CONVERTED TO A BARQUE .SHE WAS OWNED BY W H DIXON & F LUND OF LIVERPOOL.

 SHE WAS  CHARTERED BY H T WILSON, CHAMBERS & CO ( WHITE STAR ) IN 1862

THE WHITE STAR LINE CHARTERED HER FROM W DIXON & CO OF LIVERPOOL IN 1870 AND  SHE LEFT FOR MELBOURNE IN JULY 1870 WITH
CAPTAIN J HILL IN COMMAND

ON MARCH 9TH 1875 SHE LEFT LONDON BOUND FOR NELSON ARRIVING ON 9TH JUNE 1875 WITH CAPTAIN BROWN IN COMMAND

SHE LEFT CALCUTTA ON 6TH SEPTEMBER 1882 AND ARRIVED IN PORT ADELAIDE ON 13TH NOVEMBER 1882

SHE CHANGED HANDS IN 1886 TO WILLIAM DAVIES OF SWANSEA.

SHE WAS RE- REGISTERED AT SWANSEA IN 1889

IN 1894 SHE WAS OWNED BY T FREDRIKSEN & MOLLER OF NORWAY.AND RENAMED ADOLF TIDEMAN

IN 1902 SHE WAS OWNED BY JOHAN ERIK JOHANASSON OF FINLAND.

SHE WENT MISSING IN 1908 ON A VOYAGE FROM HARTLEPOOL TO GENOA CARRYING A CARGO OF COAL.SHE HAD A CREW OF 15.

 

  

 wpe1.jpg (1242 bytes)