dover.jpg (27312 bytes)

DOVER CASTLE / KEM

 DOVER CASTLE WAS A WOOD 3 MASTED BARQUE  1,003 TONS BUILT  IN 1858 AT SUNDERLAND BY R GREEN & CO FOR THEIR OWN ACCOUNT.SHE WAS COMMANDED BY CAPTAIN R DEACON AND CAPTAIN OWEN

HER FIRST OWNER WERE R & H GREEN OF BLACKWALL, LONDON ( THE BUILDERS )

 SHE WAS SOLD TO SHAW SAVILL IN 1871 WHO OPERATED HER UNTIL 1882, WHEN SHE WAS SOLD TO C.BOE OF ARENDEL, NORWAY WHO  RE-NAMED HER  'KEM'.

 

return.gif (2290 bytes)