arawa.jpg (27560 bytes)

ARAWA / KONIGSTEIN / GANDIA  

BUILT FOR SHAW SAVILL & ALBION IN 1907 AT THE SWAN HUNTER YARD AT WALLSEND. SHE WAS CONSTRUCTED FOR THE REFRIGERATED  MEAT TRADE, WITH SOME PASSENGER ACCOMMODATION.

SHE WAS USED AS A TROOPSHIP IN 1914/1915.

IN 1926 SHE WAS SOLD TO A.BERNSTEIN AND RE-NAMED 'KONIGSTEIN'

SHE WAS SOLD AGAIN IN 1939 AND RE-NAMED 'GANDIA'.

SHE WAS SUNK IN 1942 BY THE GERMAN SUBMARINE U.135 

 

return.gif (2290 bytes)